This morning I got Laura Casella to taste a heap of thickly coated caramel, sriracha, confetti, pear almandine and chocolate hazelnut praline popcorns on Global Television Montreal.I think she loved the extra morning boost from the sugar. Here’s the segment.
1. These are all made in Quebec with much higher quality ingredients than you’ll find in industrial movie theatre popcorn.
2. GourMaïs has 17 or 18 flavours plus seasonal ones and specializes in whole sale for parties, corporate events, fundraisers, birthdays and even big sports or music events that want to sell local in their concessions.
3. Kingsley Desserts started as a vegan ice cream company and then started making caramel and caramel pecan vegan, gluten free popcorns. You can order them online and get them at three Mandy’s Salad locations (Crescent, Westmount and Old Port). Now they also make a matcha flavour and an orange flavour from leftover orange peels they dehydrated themselves from Salmigondis restaurant. They dream of having a whole line of fruit flavours from peels left over from restaurants.
4. Les Gamins Gourmands is supported by Chef Jérôme Ferrer of Europea and the Jerry restaurants and food trucks. So you can find the popcorns at those locations and also at 45 independent grocers in Quebec.
5. GourMaïs is in select IGAs, Super Cs, Metros and independent grocers across Quebec (and in my favourite beer store, Veux-Tu Une Bière? by Crémazie metro and at one of my favourite strawberry picking locations: Quinn Farms on Île Perrot).